Saturday, September 27, 2008

September 26, 2008 (Friday)

I went for my first ever ice hockey game yesterday in Joe Louis Arena in Detroit. It was a pre-season game, but it was exciting nonetheless. The Detroit Red Wings against the Boston Bruins, and of course I supported the Red Wings. But we lost 1 - 2.

Hockey players are so good at skating! I wish I could skate like them, stopping and getting up from fall like they are on firm ground. I can't even skate a single cm..

The most funny thing about the game is the penalty. The person getting the penalty actually had to get into this small cubicle thing and stay there for 2 minutes before he can get on the game again. And so during this time the other team had a advantage of an extra player. And one poor player actually got double penalty at the same time, and so he stayed in his funny glass cubicle for 4 minutes, watching the game but not being able to participate. Worse than losing a few yards on the football field? Haha...

Now I want to learn how to skate =)

Oh and WP drove us to Denny's for some late dinner. Thank you :)

Fun Friday night haha..

No comments: