Saturday, September 27, 2008

This morning I ran down the hill to catch the bus because I was late and did not even realize it. Luckily, I made it. And so off we went to Parkway Meadows to help serve some old people.

It was my first time with these kind of activities, but it was fun. We were divided into groups, and each group helped with one family. The family I went to was just an old couple, the husband already 87, and the wife around 78. I helped to vacuum their room because the lady had an operation on her hand and the vacuum was too heavy for her. Then we talked a bit, and the lady gave us cereals and food! We couldn't stop her from giving us, so I took the cereals =) However, we left the other canned food at the place for free because nobody wants them. I felt bad because the lady wanted us to have them as her way to express her gratitude, but we did not even bother to take it. If I can carry them I would have taken it...

Went Kroger to get milk for my cereals =) And I was so lucky again when I actually met a friend on the way back with 2 gallons of milk and 3 boxes of cereals. He carried the stuffs or else I would have rested all the way before I could make it back to the apartment. Thanks again!

Then was the long-awaited football game! Michigan against Wisconsin at the Big House. But I only watched it on TV. The first half was nothing but disappointment, but the Badgers were good. Then lady luck was with the Michigan into the second half. We actually scored 4 touchdowns! And 2 of the touchdowns was just within 3 seconds. I felt unfair for the Wisconsin players. They played so hard but Michigan was just plain lucky. I actually hoped for Wisconsin to win. And during the last few seconds of the game, Wisconsin lost their only chance of winning when a flag come in during the successful first attempt of a 2-point conversion. They failed the second attempt, and Michigan won Wisconsin 27-25. A big comeback. Sorry to the number 9 Wisconsin =(

Then watched a movie on a true story of a football player Rudy. It was a nice story about how a guy who did not have any talent in sports made it into the best football team then. Lets me know that I shouldn't just complain about weakness but just do it. I wish I am so sure of my dream like him..

A really nice Saturday =)

The only thing is, I seriously think I am going to fail my MFE. I have not even finished chapter one. Oh well...

No comments: