I had my first Japanese Language lesson today. Sensei was a very funny man.
He told us at the beginning that he is a famous sensei. And he knows a little Chinese and Cantonese because his someone (I think he said wife, but I don't understand the word =p) is Chinese. His nickname is "fei zai" in Chinese and Cantonese =) He has a big belly that he is proud to show off. He looks like a bear to me, a very cute friendly nice-to-hug bear. When explaining the meaning of "gorogorosuru", he did not hesitate to lie on the table like a Buddha statue. On the other hand, I was worried for him, because I saw the table bending down...... But no worries, all is well =) And I got picked for his "challenge" to describe pictures because his birthday is on June and I am number 6 =.=
Sensei told us that our class is the most difficult to teach among all 6 levels because we are not beginners and yet not intermediates. Everyone has different background in the language, and thus he won't focus on teaching grammar and so on. Instead, we will do talking. The important thing is to apply the language. So... It would be fun to check it our further I think :D
After school, we met up with Hui Ying's host father and mother. The mother was very cute. She looked so excited to see all three of us, and "to have not one but THREE daughters now". The father was cute too, although not as expressive as the mother. We enjoyed the meeting. We sat at McDonald's and talked a bit. And they wanted to bring us to the Yamakasa Festival!! I have been wanting to go but don't know how, and now it's all taken care off =)) And the father is even one of the participants!
p/s: i hate standing at the station and see the train passes by at high speed =(
p/s: getting sick of rice. I want my cereal......
Perhaps this blog will become a journal of my life in japan haha..
and Always Be My Baby by David Cook is a really nice song.
Thursday, July 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment