Tuesday, June 3, 2008

When I was small, I have always looked forward to my 21st birthday.

That's because I remembered my uncle's 21st birthday party. The big cake, the food, the people, the presents. And I wanted a party like that when I turn adult.

But time passed, and many people around me have turned 21. But I no longer want the same thing I have always wanted.

I will be spending my birthday in Japan, a place I have never thought of spending my birthday at. It will also be the first time I am spending my birthday away from my family.

But all I wanted most is to be at home, on the day I turn into an adult officially.

A friend of mine passed away 2 years ago when she was 19. She would have turned 21 on May 31 had it not been for the cancer. I wish her happy birthday, and stay cheerful wherever she is now.

Ushi turned 21 on June 1. I am so glad I met her the first thing I came to US.

I used to think 21 means independence and maturity. But looking at myself now, I guess not =)

But being 21 happens only once in a lifetime. And I can't wait for it.

Happy being 0, 1, 2, 3, ..... , 10000 everyone!

No comments: